Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wild Flower


So good I had to post the picture twice :) Just in case you missed it the first time.


As you can see from the post below about my weekend, I had brunch at Wild Flower and it was a-mah-zing! I had been there a few times before but not since they revamped their menus and never for breakfast/brunch (which is by far my favorite meal). Clearly I have been missing out.
Upon first glancing at the menu I narrowed down what I wanted to two things: the monte cristo or the breakfast wrap. Then our waitress came out and told us the specials and now I was up to six things to narrow down from: the previous two and then the chocolate chip raspberry pancakes, banana caramel waffle, baguette french toast topped with fresh berries, or the quiche. I decided that a tough decision like that was going to require a cocktail which was a no brainer since I cannot pass up a mimosa and their version includes Grand Marnier, so even better. If you like mojitos you might have a dilemma as there was a whole list of fruity options to choose from. My friend and I decided we both couldn't make a decision so together we picked one savory option and one sweet and split them. We ended up with the breakfast wrap and the french toast both of which did not disappoint. The breakfast wrap was the best one I have had in a long time, if I wanted to put myself in a day long food coma I probably could have eaten a whole one plus my portion of the french toast, since that too could not have been passed up. I have had french toast on a lot of different breads but oddly enough never on a baguette, yet Wild Flower's was so good I want to try my own at home. The french toast seemed to already have syrup baked into it and that along with the sweetness of the berries and the berry sauce that was drizzled over it made it edible without really needing syrup, although I still used a bit. With my maple syrup obsession (evidenced here) I usually drown everything in it, so the fact that I only used a little says a lot about how good this french toast was.
After I was done with my mimosa I tried the bellini. The bellini was ok it would have been better if I was just having it as an afternoon cocktail on the patio outside but it was a bit much with breakfast since it is the consistency of a slushy.
Overall everything there was amazing including the atmoshere the staff who were all super friendly. The inside (where we sat) is like sitting in a cozy little bistro, while there is also a bar area along with a private banquet area that I hear is quite nice as well. Weather permitting the patio is a fabulous place to enjoy great food and people watching as it is perfectly situated on the corner of Euclid and Laclede. So the next time you are thinking of trying someplace new for any meal I highly suggest you check out Wild Flower. And if you've already been there feel free to list your favorite must try dishes in the comments below. Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment