Monday, July 19, 2010

Lola


Saturday night before the Lady Gaga concert my mom and I grabbed dinner at Lola. I had been here once before for a friends birthday and had the Josephine sandwich, which was good but I wanted to make a second trip to try out some of the other menu options. The restaurant was a little packed so they let us know ahead of time that in order to make the concert on time we would need to order off the tapas side of the menu, which was fine by us and I thought it was a nice gesture that they let us know before hand. For drinks I started with what I think was called the Lafayette, it was champagne with Chambord. It was ok, a little heavy on the Chambord which gave it a bit of a cough syrup taste. The drink I had with dinner was much better. The Parisstyle was Lola's version of my favorite martini, the French martini. Lola's version includes raspberry vodka instead of regular vodka added to the usual pineapple juice and chambord. It was delicious.

For dinner we decided on the Lola's fish and frittes, Lola duet (two towered sliders one with mushrooms and onions the, the other with bleu cheese and bacon) and a side of mac and cheese. The fish and frittes were nothing short of amazing. They were little fried fish nuggets served on top of fries and served in a wire cone basket. Since the fish was served on top, the fries in the bottom of the cone were a little soggy. I like soggy fries so I was fine with that, but those opposed to softer fries may want to ask for them to be served on a plate. Either way I highly recommend the dish. The Lola duet burgers were good. My mom had the mushroom burger which she thought was awesome. I had the bleu cheese burger which was good but I had to take some of the bleu cheese off since there was literally a patty of bleu cheese the size of the burger patties between each burger. While I like bleu cheese it was a bit much. The mac and cheese was delicious as well, and the portion is quite hefty so you should plan on splitting it. My mom and I could have easily split just the mac and cheese and fish and frittes and been perfectly content.
The restaurant itself has an urban modern loungey feel which makes it great for dinner with the girls or date night. The tapas section provides a lot of options for sharing so it's also a perfect place for groups. They also have a nice bar area with extensive drink menu and live music most nights, so if it's just a quick drink or happy hour your looking for you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment