Friday, July 23, 2010

Product of the Week

Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo





Giovanni Magnetic Moisturizing Conditioner

This week's product or should I say products of the week are Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo and Magnetic Moisturizing conditioner. For the past year I have been the sort of Goldilocks of budget friendly shampoos and conditioners. I used to use Davines which I really liked, but my budget hated it since it is not exactly a wallet friendly brand, so I set out on my journey through the haircare aisle at Target.
I have a lot of really fine hair that tends to be on the drier side so I was on the look out for a great moisturizing combo. I also wanted the products to be organic or as natural as possible because I had just read an article on shampoos and how most of the moisturizing types contain propylene glycol which is apparently also a component of plane de-icing solution. So using products containing this chemical along with other pore opening chemicals is basically, as I understood it, like opening the pores on your scalp and pouring plane de-icer in them. Not exactly an appealing thought, and I can't imagine that a lifetime of using those products can be healthy.
Finding an organic or natural shampoo can be tricky as some of them can be drying. However, I found the perfect mix of moisturizing and natural with the Giovanni line. I first came upon the conditioner while at Whole Foods in Brentwood. My hair at the time was in massive need of some tlc after testing out a product that was sent to me to do a product test and survey for that left my hair unmanageable and scarecrow like. After about three uses of this conditioner my hair was back to normal. It was soft, smooth and not nearly as dry. After the success of the conditioner I decided to try the shampoo.
I found the shampoo at Ulta where they had a sale for buy one for $7.99 and get one free on all Giovanni products. They did not carry the magnetic line so I decided to try two of the shampoos instead. Of the two that I purchased I chose to use the tea tree one first based on it's refreshing minty scent, which is fabulous for a post gym shower or after walking around in this Midwest humidity that causes you to sweat like you are at the gym. Not only is the scent amazing it also cleans you hair without stripping the heck out of it or fading your color. And best of all is you get all of that without the use of nasty chemicals, and who doesn't love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment