Thursday, July 15, 2010

Product of the Week

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

Ever since I decided it was ridiculous to pay $30 for mascara (I used Chanel Inimitable) I have been searching for the perfect cheap mascara. I was near the end of my fifth tube, still without a winner, when I saw an ad for The Falsies. I have never used a Maybelline mascara other then Great Lash, which irritates my eyes, so I was a little reluctant to try it but the ad made me curious. Not that I expected to have the ridiculously fake CGI eyelashes of Erin Wasson from the print ad but it sounded promising.
It took me a few stops to track it down; most of the drugstores either were sold out or didn't carry it yet and I couldn't find it online either. I finally found it at the Target in Brentwood. They had a few so if you would like to try it you better get while the getting is good, and I highly suggest you try it. What makes this mascara so great is it comes with a flat curved wand so it separates and coats every lash giving the lashes a full and lush look. I thought it did a decent job on lengthening too as long as you curl your lashes before applying and apply two coats without letting the first one dry.
I have never worn false eyelashes so I cannot attest to the claim of no false lashes needed, but I can say that this is the best mascara I have tried in a long time. It's even better then the Chanel which is almost three times the price, and that is what makes The Falsies fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment