Friday, July 9, 2010

Miracle Machine

If there is one thing I hate it's cleaning. I hate it so much I think I might be allergic to it. I dread doing it so much that I am instantly depressed just thinking about it. I also refuse to do it at any other time then Sunday evening since I am already depressed about the weekend being over I figure I might as well just make it worse and clean as opposed to doing it any other day and ruining my day.
I group ironing into the category of cleaning, and there is only one appliance (the vacuum) I hate more then the iron. I am terrible at ironing and this fact is compounded by the fact that I refuse to buy a ironing board. My mother however is an ironing fanatic. She irons everything, even scrub pants. Who irons scrubs?!?!?! I thought that was one of the perks of working in a profession where you got to wear scrubs, no ironing. Anyway, my mother hates the site of wrinkly clothes as much as I hate ironing so after years of her nagging me about my clothes not being ironed properly she talked me into buying a steamer. Let me tell you best advice ever.
My mornings have become so much easier. I just pull out the steamer, plug it in, continue getting ready and in about five minutes it's ready to go. It comes with an extension that let's you hang your garment up right there and a shirt or a skirt takes less then five minutes tops to become wrinkle free. It's super quick and easy. Just be careful not to get your hand with the steam when holding the garment. It's also great if you have an outfit that has to last you all day. If you have a chance to run home between day and night, a quick steam and it looks like an outfit you just put on, and your out the door in less then ten minutes. I'm telling you it's a lifesaver.
I have never used this particular model featured above (the Shark model I have is no longer available) but it had the best ratings out of all of the garment steamers that were similar to mine. This one is $65 at Best Buy but you might also want to check out Bed Bath and Beyond to see if they carry the same brand so you can use one of the many coupons we all receive in the mail from them for 20% off. While $65 is not super cheap, trust me it will be one of the best investments you'll make. Especially if you hate ironing as much as I do. Added plus, you'll make mom happy too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment