Thursday, July 8, 2010

Product of the Week


This week's product of the week is Aveda's Beautifying Composition. Today at the gym a group of girls were waxing poetic on the virtues of Aveda products and I had to put my two cents in about the beautifying composition since most people have never heard of it.
While Aveda's virtues are many one of them is not being super affordable. So instead of filling my bathroom with their products like I would like to, I instead allow myself a couple of products that aren't everyday use products so they last. One of those products is this oil that seems to cure everything beauty related (well almost everything). At $21for 1.7oz it is a tad steep but trust me a little bit goes a long way (unless you are using it as a body oil, which if you can afford it for that use I am sure it is fabulous). I originally purchased mine as a scalp oil, since they say they key to healthy hair is a healthy scalp. :) All I do is shake out five or six drops into my hand, rub it onto my fingers and massage around my scalp with it, then instead of wiping my hands off or washing them I wipe them off on my ends and then rub the rest into my hands and leave it on for five minutes before rinsing it out and washing my hair. And poof soft hands, scalp and ends all from just a few drops of this amazing little product. I also use it every once in a while if I have spots of dry skin or dry cuticles in the winter. The best part is it doesn't leave your hair or skin super oily, it smells amazing and it is made of mostly natural products which is a big plus in my book. The product is a little hard to spot in the store as it is kept with the candles and massage oils not the hair and body products. I found mine at the Aveda store in the Galleria.
Another little tip for all of you Aveda lovers on a budget is that lately most fashion magazines have an Aveda sidebar ad that usually runs along the side of the masthead (that page with all the names on it that no one really looks at) offering sample packs of their newest product lines. It says you just have to ask but I always bring in the ad because they always ask for it. The samples are decent size and you normally get three sample products per pack and it's completely free you don't even have to make a purchase! If you do make a purchase make sure to get on their mailing list. Once on the list they will send you a card on your birthday for a free full size container of bath salts. They mix the salts with an essential oil of your choice and they have you smell all of them and narrow it down. It's about a 10 min process but it was pretty fun and I looove the bath salts, soo soothing after a tough day at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment