Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Golden Globes Fashion-Worst Dressed

We've gone over the best, now it's time for the worst. I didn't really think anyone deserved the title as worst dressed, since I don't think Helena Bonham Carter and Tilda Swinton count since they always dress that badly it's just part of who they are (I still had to feature Helena in the list though) and everyone else was equally terrible in my book. And yes there were others that were worse then the ones featured here (Jennifer Love Hewitt, Christina Aguillera, Gabourey Sidibe, etc.) but most of the picks on my list were chosen not because they were the worst but because we expect so much more out of them. As for Julianne Moore, who I normally loove, her outfit pained me so much I could barely look at it let alone post it. (All photos by Wonderwall)

 January Jones

Even though I am not a fan of January Jones, I got behind her blue Versace Emmy's look that most people trashed. I thought it was gorgeous and avant garde. This, however, is a look I absolutely cannot get behind. Avant garde is one thing, dressing like a stripper from the '20's is another.

 Natalie Portman

Natalie Portman would have looked beautiful in her Viktor and Rolf gown...IF it didn't have that atrocious cartoon looking flower on the boobs. Not only did the flower look bad, but it lead her to coordinate with the red accessories which made the look resemble a cheesy Valentine's Day get up. And I know she said she chose her look for comfort, but come on what about those shoes says comfort to you.

 Diane Warren

Diane Warren, please get yourself to a tailor stat! Enough said.

 Emma Stone

Emma Stone was one of those that fell into the bad but not horrible category. Her Calvin Klein gown was a little dull for the Globes especially when compared to her Critic's Choice Awards dress. The worst part about it was the color. Her new hair color, which thankfully is temporary, combined with the dress and fair skin made her look one color from head to toe, or should I say floor since the dress could have stood a little hemming in the front.

 Halle Berry

From what I hear Steven Cojocaru ranked this as his winner for best dressed. With all due respect Steven must be blind. This dress reminded me of one of Madonna's Gaultier bustiers circa the '80's on top and my homecoming dress circa the 1998 on the bottom. Terrible. Halle you can do soooo much better!

 Helena Bonham Carter

Sadly the gown is not nearly as offensive to me as the accessories and the hair are. When Carrie Bradshaw wore mismatched blue and pink strappy sandals on her trip to LA it was trendy and cute, unfortunately when Helena did it at the Globes it looked like she got dressed in the dark.

 Jennifer Lopez Exhibit A

This was another look that was bad but not terribly offensive. If she would have lost the cape and the straps it might not have been that bad.
 Jenifer Lopez Exhibit B

This look she wore to the after parties, however, is offensive. What was she thinking?!?! This looks like a cross between the wardrobes for Auntie Mame and Black Sawn. Awful. The shoes are fab though!

Michelle Williams

Michelle, Michelle, Michelle. You looked so great and glam at the Critic's Choice awards and then you turned around and wore a potato sack that was adorned by a commune of hippies to the Globes. Next time save the glam for the awards show that everyone watches and save this look for Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment