Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dazzling Dessert


This time of year always brings with it great excuses for dinner parties such as New Year's, Valentine's and all of the awards shows. With that in mind I thought I would share this recipe for chocolate "mousse" since it is super easy, delicious and looks like a million bucks. The recipe came from Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Desserts cookbook, you can find the recipe here , but I adapted it slightly to make it a little healthier. Trust me it's so good you won't even miss the extra fat I promise. Instead of using Handi-Snacks pudding cups and regular Cool Whip, I use chocolate fudge sugar-free, fat-free Jello pudding mix and fat-free Cool Whip. Just prepare the pudding as directed, let it set, then fold in the tub of cool whip until mixed thoroughly. Spoon the mixture into martini glasses and top with a few raspberries. It's as easy as that. Decadent, delicious and dazzling in 15 mins. Your guests are sure to be impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment