Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fireplace Upgrade-From Drab to Fab Part II

After making over the inside of my fireplace and killing yet another plant that sat in front of it, it was time to give the outside a makeover as well. In keeping with the collected eclectic feel that I have been trying to incorporate into my apartment I began searching for different items to group together. The first piece I came upon was the large orange Buddha head. I spotted it at the Home Goods in St. Peters and had to have it. I loved that it was a unique conversation piece with a great outside the box color that wouldn't clash with my red curtains. I also found the lime green urn there as well that played off perfectly with the orange of the Buddha. I found the large purple vase at the Home Goods in Ballwin and I found the last piece in my house. I took the vase from the table centerpiece that I had put together with glass bottles from Hobby Lobby. The combination of colors not only went with the room but they play off each other to perfectly frame the fireplace making it a centerpiece of the room. So next time you are trying to decorate a room or just a small area of a room don't worry about finding everything right way. Take your time and find pieces from different places and throughout your own home to combine to form the perfect look that is tailored to your personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment