Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Amazing Art

We Don't Dance by Casey O'Connell

Removable up to 100 times and it only took me three to hang it by myself :)

Recently I had a housewarming cocktail party for a group of friends to celebrate my new place. While the party was fun and the food was great (if I do say so myself) the biggest hit was my Casey O'Connell print from LTL Prints.

I first learned about Casey O' Connell and LTL Prints through the blog The Rockstar Diaries. Which is a super cute blog that you should check out, but I digress. LTL Prints is a website that sells customized and cataloged graphics that are printed onto what I can best describe as, in very non-technical terms, a big fabric-like post it. Their website allows you to pick out a print from their catalog of art (aside from Casey O'Connell they also have a section of really cool panoramic city shots) or use your own photo or artwork and choose the size you want the print to be ranging from 12in to 7ft . The print is done on a fabric-like material that has special adhesive on the back that allows you to hang and remove the print from your wall up to 100 times without the use of nails or leaving a sticky residue on the wall. So it is literally like a super adhesive post it.

Now on to the artist. I can only describe her work as absofreakinlutely aaaaaaamaaaazing! If I could I would cover every square inch of wall space in my apartment with her work. All of her pieces are done based on her own life experiences which is why the pieces have a way of speaking to you. Everyone can relate to at least one or many of her pieces with the feeling that they have totally been there or have totally wanted to be there in the moment being portrayed. I could go on for pages about how great I think she is but you really have to see it for yourself. You can see all of her work on her website. And while my print is no longer available you can purchase other prints here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment