Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gifts from Anthropologie





Nodding head drop earrings



Most people know Anthropologie as a clothing store with really cute clothes at not so cute prices (although there are some great finds in the sale section). One of the best things about Anthro though is their gift selection, especially in the housewares section. So the next time you are in need of a last minute gift whether it be for a birthday, shower, holiday, house warming or hostess gift check out Anthropologie.
Pictured above are a few of my favorites.
1. Latte Bowls- Every year someone I know gets these as a Christmas gift. These bowls are great for cereal, ice cream, soup you name it. They are also dishwasher safe and pretty durable, and the best part is they come in an array of colors that changes each season.
2. Capri Blue Volcano candle- This is another one of my go to favorites since it is perfect for a small birthday gift and comes in an assortment of sizes and containers ranging in price from $12-$25. I prefer the modern look of the blue glass but some of their other options in jars are equally as cute. The smell is an amazing citrus scent. If you have ever been in an Anthropologie store it always smells like these candles.
3. Nodding head drop earrings- I actually bought these as a gift for myself while in Vegas :) although mine are more of a yellow color. The earrings have a classic feel but with the modern touch of the drop hoops. They can be dressed up or dressed down and for $14.95 you can't beat the price.
4. Fleur-de-lys juice glasses- I have not yet found an occasion for these yet but always think they would be really cute as a shower or housewarming gift. They come in a few different colors so you can mix and match and are the perfect juice glasses for an outdoor brunch or lunch.
5. Atlantian pitcher- I picked up this cute little vintage inspired pitcher as a hostess gift for my friend in San Diego as a thank you for letting me stay with her for the week. It's not a huge pitcher so it is nice for small gatherings. My favorite use for it, as is with all of my pitchers, is a vase. This size is just right for a couple of small bouquets of flowers bunched together. During the week I stopped by Trader Joe's and picked up a few bunches of gerberas in different colors and arranged them in the vase and and it looked great. Another plus is a lot of people, including my friend, use the space above their cabinets as a display/storage area for pitchers, vases, pottery etc. and with the small size and vintage look it makes the perfect display piece. All of these uses and it is only $28.

No comments:

Post a Comment