Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Deal of the Day



Today's deal of the day is on one of my favorite things: fresh flowers. I am a huge fan of fresh flowers because they instantly brighten up a room and your mood. Plus, they are only supposed to last a week so I don't feel like it's my fault when they die like I do with the two plants in my living room that I constantly have to replace because somehow they always die on me.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when girls see flowers at my place and say "Oh those are so pretty, I never get flowers." Guess what ladies neither do I, I go out and get them myself, so do yourself a favor and don't wait for your man to get the hint that you would like flowers on random occasions go out and spend $4 to get your own, trust me your mood will thank you for it, and your guy may just pick up on the hint now that it is right in front of him :).

$4 is exactly what these gladiolas cost at Trader Joe's. I picked these up at the Creve Coeur location, but last month I also bought a bunch at the Schnucks by West County Mall for the same price. Gladiolas are great because they are usually cheap and due to their size they really make a statement. Another favorite statement making arrangement of mine is hydrangeas with peonies. Whole Foods usually has some really pretty peonies this time of year and a bouquet will only cost you about $12 which is pricier then $4 but much cheaper then a bouquet from a florist. You can find nice hydrangeas for between $4-$6 at both Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. I arrange them in alternating fashion in a regular sized glass pitcher (the one pictured is from Bobby Flay's line at Kohl's) and it makes the bouquet look like you spent a ton on it when really you paid under $20, and the peonies smell amazing but not so strong that they smell up the entire house.

So this weekend do something for yourself and pick up some fresh flowers, I promise you it will make Monday just a little bit better :).

No comments:

Post a Comment