Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fall Style Wish List







So far this week I have spent a lot of time on the couch. I was battling a terrible sinus headache and a cold on Sunday and Monday so I had some extra time to start going through all of the September issues of fashion mags I had piling up around the apartment. After going through over 1,300 pages from In Style, Glamour and Marie Claire combined I came up with good news and bad news for the fall season. The good news is pretty much everything from last fall and spring is still in for the most part aside from a few out there trends that no one really caught on to and the return of grunge this fall which I am choosing to ignore :). The bad news is the few items I came across that would perfectly freshen up the fall wardrobe I already have are a little on the pricey side. So I will be crossing my fingers that these pieces are still around come fall sale time.

Here is what is on my current wish list:

1. Banana Republic Heritage beaded flapper shell $98- I spotted this shell in an article about fall work attire and loved how it could be worn many different ways. In Style paired it with a black pencil skirt, brown cardigan, and red purse for work and removing the cardigan for after work cocktails. It could also be paired with jeans and flats for an everyday look, or skinnies, heels and a blazer for a night on the town.

2. and 3. Ann Taylor double strand necklace with Swarovski crystals and pave chain link short necklace $48 and $118- I saw these in an Ann Taylor ad in a couple of the magazines. Naomi Watts is pictured wearing both necklaces with an olive green silk camp shirt. It is a great way to put a little glitz into an everyday outfit. They would also be great as an addition to an evening wear look as well.

4. Ann Taylor chain link pave ring $38- When looking up photos of the necklaces above online I fell in love with this ring that matches the necklace above. With my affinity for chain link rings this one will be a definite must buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment