Thursday, December 23, 2010

Website of the Week


Before

After

I was crushed when I tore a 4 inch hole in my favorite pair of William Rast jeans (note to self do not attempt to do cartwheels in fitted jeans with no stretch, it does not end well). I knew they were ruined but could not force myself to toss them. Thankfully I didn't, because a few week's later I stumbled on this week's website of the week: Denim Therapy.

Denim Therapy is an online site that specializes in denim repair. All you have to do is go to the website fill out the repair form and send in your jeans via trackable UPS. Denim Therapy will send you a repair estimate for you to approve. Once approved your jeans are repaired and sent back to you. The whole process takes less then three weeks.

Instead of just patching over the holes in your jeans, Denim Therapy actually reconstructs the original denim, making the tear almost invisible. The estimated repair cost is $7/inch for holes and tears, repair to back pockets is $10, zipper replacements are around $25, and shipping to and from with tracking will cost around $12 each way.

As you can see my results were great, you can hardly tell the tear was there. The only complaint I have is the backing used to reconstruct the denim is a bit rough at first but softens after a couple of washes.My jeans were about $10 to ship and $41 to repair and send back to me for a total of $51 as opposed to the $120 it would cost to buy a new pair. Now that's what i call a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment