Friday, December 24, 2010

Cookies for Santa

Each year on Christmas Eve kids from one to 92 spend the day making cookies. Whether they be for Santa, family or just your own personal enjoyment, nothing says Christmas like homemade cookies fresh from the oven.

When it comes to cookies one of my favorites has always been Oreos, so when I saw this recipe featured on Cupcakes and Cashmere I had to try it out. You know what they say, once you go homemade you'll never go back.

 As always, I went to start the recipe and forgot to leave out the butter so that it was room temperature. A quick and easy tip I have learned is that if you forget this step, as I do, cut the required amount of butter into small cubes and let it sit out. In about 15mins you'll have room temp butter.

 I easily scooped out uniform cookies using a tablespoon. Leave each tablespoon a little rounded on the top. Once you have a pan full, press each scoop out with your fingers to about the size of a silver dollar.

 MMMMM!

 The finished product. They seemed time consuming at first but they were actually really quick and well worth the little bit of extra effort. They are the perfect blend of sweet and salty. Trust me Santa will thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment